Terms & Conditions
When booking a tour with Ride Me Better S.R.L. (trading name Ride Me Better) you accept and agree to the terms and conditions herewith. On completion of your booking, you agree to these conditions by ticking the box “I agree to the Terms & Conditions”.
A deposit will be taken for all tours to secure your place. On receipt of your booking, a booking confirmation will be issued, confirming your place on the tour. Tours booked within 30 days of departure will require payment in full at the time of booking. Balance of payment is made payable by bank transfer.
Balance of Payment
Whenever possible, we will communicate with customers by email. However, we do not always send a final invoice reminder, so please note that we request the balance of payment for your tour one calendar month prior to departure. Late payment may result in the loss of your deposit and cancellation of your tour booking. If the balance of your tour is not received within 7 days of the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your place on the tour.
Surcharges and currency changes
Circumstances beyond our control may dictate an increase in the cost of your tour. Any increase less than 5% of the published price will be absorbed within the original price – any increase over 5%, we may need to add to the final cost of your tour, this may include fluctuations in currency rates against the pound. In such instances you will receive an email and an updated invoice from Ride Me Better S.R.L. detailing the additional costs. Failure to pay the additional costs may result in your place being cancelled on the tour.
The Euro exchange rate is currently changing on a day to day basis. We are monitoring this closely but if the Euro falls more than 5% against the pound, we will have to submit amended invoices to cover the difference as the tour is based on the exchange rate of 1.15 Euro to the pound. This includes existing bookings also.
When/if meals are included within the price of the tour you have chosen, it will include: the hotel breakfast, usually continental style or a buffet-style cooked breakfast meal or choice of cereals, etc., and evening meals – typically a main meal and a dessert ; drinks are paid for by the guests.
If You Cancel
All cancellations must be in writing and the following terms apply:
- Loss of full deposit if you cancel the tour;
- Loss of total value of the tour if balance has been paid and tour has been cancelled less than 3 weeks prior to the departure date;
- You may transfer your deposit to another tour within the tour season (same year the booking was made) In the event of you cancelling that tour, we shall retain the deposit;
- You may transfer your booking to another person. However, you will be liable for any administration costs (typically £35) and will be responsible for your nominee paying their monies in full. They must maintain the dates you originally booked.
We strongly recommend that you take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance. We recommend Holidaysafe.co.uk
If We Cancel
We reserve the right to cancel any tour – however, this would only become necessary in exceptional circumstances and is a rarity. In such an event, we would hope to offer you an alternative. If this were not possible or acceptable, we would issue a full refund. Ride Me Better S.R.L. will not be held responsible, or offer a refund/compensation in any of the following situations: war, riots, civil unrest, terrorism, natural disaster or any unforeseen cancellations due to industrial disputes and/or weather or political complications or disruptions (such as a negative impact following the Brexit deal) and safety issues or advice, this includes but is not limited to: refusal into a country, for the purpose of preserving safety, mechanical failure or an accident beyond our control such as the tour guide being involved in a road traffic accident, mechanic failure of the tour guides motorcycle or the tour guide suffering an injury or illness preventing him/her from continuing escorting the tour. Ride Me Better S.R.L. also reserves the right to cancel any tour within 30 days or less of departure if the tour has less than 4 customers booked on that tour. If we cancel the tour within 30 days due to limited bookings you will be offered one of the following options; our Virtual Tour Guide alternative, a full refund, transfer of your booking to another tour or hold your deposit for a tour commencing the following season (year) with a discount of between 5% and 10% depending on which tour it is.
Ride Me Better S.R.L. will not be held responsible for the reimbursement, in part or in whole, of any pre-booked hotels or transport arrangements relating to your tour should we cancel, this includes but not limited to; hotel bookings (usually on the eve of departure or last day of the tour), any flights, ferries or train travel costs, taxis, buses or rental costs or any other out of pocket costs or expenses incurred as a result of the tour not going ahead. It is advised to take out holiday insurance
Arrangements for your tour are made months, sometimes a year in advance. It is therefore inevitable that changes can occur. In most cases, these changes will be minor and will not affect your holiday. However, in the event of a major change, we will advise you immediately and you may then (a) continue the tour with the new itinerary, (b) accept an alternative of the same or similar value, or (c) cancel your holiday with a full refund.
Minor changes such as slight route changes (using motorway instead of non-motorway roads are often unavoidable due to time restraints or weather, in such cases we will not be held responsible for these changes as the decision is based upon the best interests of the group).
From time to time we may increase, or decrease the price of tours advertised on the website or marketing material and social media platforms. This may happen after you have made a booking and can occur for a number of reasons, such as; promotion, offers, increase in accommodation costs, currency rates, transport arrangements etc. We do not alter the price of bookings once you have made payment or adjust your booking fee to match a newly advertised rate (unless the currency rate changes beyond our threshold – see above), or the price has decreased due to the above examples. There may come a time when we may have to increase the price of the tour due to currency rates or inflation. In such instances, you will be notified in writing by email. Usually this only applies when the currency exchange rate falls lower than 5%
In accordance with the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 1992 and EC Directive 90/314EC all monies will be kept in trust until such times as your tour is complete. Ride Me Better S.R.L. are a limited company No. 41704275
We accept responsibility for supplying as near as physically possible a tour package as described on our website tour booking pages, in our Tour Brochure or in our tour itinerary. We are unable to control any deficiencies in services due to local conditions, maintenance, industrial dispute, religion, politics, or weather.
Occasionally routes will differ depending on weather or timescales, in such instances, we will not be held liable for these changes as they are done so in the best interests of the group as a whole. We will not be held responsible for route changes, late arrival to the hotel, or riding on roads some may consider unsuitable, as a result of faulty navigation equipment or similar equipment not functioning as it should, in such cases the tour guide will be experienced to deal with this and we ask riders in the group to be patient.
We will ensure, the best we can, that the entire group remains together and arrives each day at our hotel. We are not and cannot be responsible for the actions of other riders or passengers in the group and as such, you agree not to hold Ride Me Better S.R.L. responsible for; injury, accidents, damage to vehicles or fatality. Similarly, Ride Me Better S.R.L. cannot and will not be held responsible for riders who become lost, which, is why we highly recommend you ensure you have a means of arriving at the final destination each day. We are not responsible for any belongings whilst you are on the tour.
- To advise Ride Me Better S.R.L. of any illness, infirmity, allergies, disabilities, health issues of any kind or dietary needs that may affect your touring holiday or other riders within the group. If you do not disclose any issues that may pose a threat to others on the tour, the tour guide reserves the right to ask the rider to leave the tour and no refund of tour costs will be eligible.
- Be a competent rider, who is comfortable and confident they can complete the route/tour they have chosen, having carefully considered the mileage factors and style of roads, with a machine that is road legal, in serviceable condition, mechanically-sound and of a type suitable for touring (ideally 600cc and higher).
- Hold a valid Certificate of Insurance covering machine, rider and pillion. (please check you are covered for pillion riders).
- To ensure you have informed the DVLA and your insurance provider of any medical conditions.
- Have the ability to get yourself and/or bike home in the event of a breakdown, accident or emergency by having suitable breakdown and recovery cover (Repatriation cover).
- To ensure your vehicle is secure overnight or when leaving the motorcycle unattended. Ride Me Better S.R.L. accept no responsibility for the loss of belongs or vehicles. (We recommend you use security devices such as a; disc lock alarm, a suitably approved chain and padlock, or GPS Vehicle Tracker.) Fortunately, most of the places we visit are safe and secure.
- Ensure you have adequate cancellation insurance for your holiday. We recommend Holiday Safe, and that you have suitable insurance in place in the event of an accident.
- To ensure you settle any hotel costs before you depart the hotel, for example; mini bar usage, food or drink bills, parking fees.
- Any damage to your hotel room must be reported immediately to your tour guide. You will be liable for the repair costs. If you don’t settle your hotel bill for additional services, food, laundry or drink etc, Ride Me Better S.R.L. will charge £50.00 admin fee in addition to invoicing for the total cost. Failure to pay within 28 days of returning from the tour will incur a late payment charge of £40.00 and a further £1.00 per day for each day the bill remains unpaid for a maximum of 30 days, after which time we will begin legal action to recover our losses.
Customers are asked not to remove items from the room, this includes; towels, robes, pillow cases, pillows, blankets, electrical items etc. Any charges issued for loss of items from the room will passed onto the room occupants with additional admin fees of £50.00 per person
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK, RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY
By making a booking for a motorcycle Tour (“the Tour”) with Ride Me Better S.R.L.
I, the Participant, confirm that I understand and accept that:
- I have provided accurate information to Ride Me Better S.R.L. about my motorcycle riding experience and ability and I confirm that I am a competent enough motorcyclist to participate in my chosen Tour and that I have read and understood the itinerary and are comfortable with the mileage and roads I will be riding on.
- I am adequately fit and physically capable to undertake the program set out in my itinerary and have no medical condition which would affect my participation in the Tour other than any I may have disclosed at the time of booking.
- I am required to follow all reasonable instructions from Ride Me Better S.R.L., its Tour Leader, employees or agents. I understand that if I fail to comply with these instructions, Ride Me Better S.R.L., the management or the tour leader, reserves the right to suspend my involvement in the Tour and that I shall not be entitled to any refund of any amounts I have paid to Ride Me Better S.R.L. for participating in the Tour or any other costs incurred by me as a result of my having to leave the Tour.
- The decision of the Tour Leader is final and binding, including any decisions made by the Tour Leader to change the itinerary at short notice or suspend myself or a member of my party from the Tour and I will respect and comply with any such decision. Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated and as such I agree that verbally or physically abusing the tour leader to an extent it makes the tour leader feel intimidated or threatened, may result in my participation on the tour being suspended with immediate affect.
- I am solely responsible for my possessions. Ride Me Better S.R.L. accepts no liability for any damage to or loss of my property whilst taking part in the Tour (except where such loss or damage was as a direct result of Ride Me Better S.R.L. negligence). Any belongings or equipment carried by the tour leader will be done so at your own risk and as such Ride Me Better S.R.L. will not be held responsible for loss or damage of the belongings.
- Where I have requested to hire a motorcycle, I acknowledge that the motorcycle for this Tour is rented from a local third-party supplier, under the terms and conditions of the third party. I understand that I am responsible for using the motorcycle in accordance with the local rental agreement and that I will have to pay for any damage caused to the motorcycle directly to the local third-party supplier before the tour ends.
- I am required to comply with all statutory and legal requirements when participating in the Tour, including but not limited to all road traffic, licensing and driving laws.
- I have provided emergency contact details to Ride Me Better S.R.L. and authorise Ride Me Better S.R.L. to contact that person(s) in the event of an emergency.
- In cases of emergency, I authorise Ride Me Better S.R.L., their Tour Leader, employees or agents as applicable to arrange any necessary medical or surgical treatments and to sign any required form of consent on my behalf. I accept that I am responsible for reimbursing to Ride Me Better S.R.L. any additional expense they incur on my behalf relating to my medical treatment or repatriation due to my injury, illness or other medical condition.
- I also expressly understand that I am under a duty to mitigate any risks to myself as far as is practicable, by taking all reasonable steps to ensure my own health and safety whilst on the Tour. Except as stated in paragraph 14, I accept full responsibility for these risks and I agree that Ride Me Better S.R.L., its employees and agents are released from any liability resulting from my injury or death or any loss of or damage to my property suffered during the Tour.
- Ride Me Better S.R.L. does not exclude or limit its liability for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law including liability for fraud or misrepresentation or for any death or personal injury suffered during the Tour which is caused by Ride Me Better S.R.L. negligence.
- I will indemnify Ride Me Better S.R.L. for all losses suffered by Ride Me Better S.R.L.as a result of my behaviour, negligence or failure to comply with the terms of this Acknowledgement Form, Booking Terms & Conditions or otherwise.
- The laws of England and Wales are applicable to this Acknowledgement Form and I expressly submit to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to the contents of this Acknowledgement Form and that I am 18 years of age or older.
For overseas tours you must have the following documents:
- Valid UK passport (ensure visa not required if non-UK). Passport must have at least 6 months remaining by the time you return;
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (can be obtained online at www.dh.govuk/travellers, by phoning 0845 6062030, or by post from any main Post Office) Note: E111 Certificate is no longer valid;
- European insurance cover for your bike – must include repatriation in the event of an accident or serious breakdown.
- Personal Travel Insurance for yourself and pillion (if appropriate). This must include medical cover including any possible repatriation in the event of serious illness or accident. We also recommend you include cancellation cover.
NB: Breakdown and Personal Insurance are compulsory on our European tours and we may require evidence of policies before departure. Ensure you have adequate insurance for your holiday. We recommend Holiday Safe
Marketing, Media and Promotions
Unless informed otherwise by you in writing, you agree to Ride Me Better S.R.L.; using images or video of yourself or your motorcycle taken on tour by Ride Me Better S.R.L. tour guide(s) and other customers on tour to be used for marketing and promotional purposes. This may include but not limited to; social media, social chat rooms such as WhatsApp, internet websites, blogs or marketing material such as leaflets and posters or promotional videos. Images or video provided by you or shared by you in social chat rooms such as WhatsApp, will not be shared with any other companies or organisations without your express and written permission.
The images or video taken by us may contain images of your face, motorcycle and vehicle registration. You agree that Ride Me Better S.R.L. shall not be held responsible in the unlikely event the content is misused by another member of the public or other organisation
In the event of a complaint, in the first instance, you should approach the tour representative. If you still consider that your complaint has not been properly addressed, you should put your comments in writing and send them to the founder of Ride Me Better – Florin M. – email@example.com